Author Topic: This is great!  (Read 235 times)

Offline CGiorza

• View Profile
Re: This is great!
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 03:04:30 PM »
Brilliant suggestions Kerry! I'll start making a few calls to the North Island people who stood as candidates and suggest they get onto the Forum and start getting involved.

Offline alan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: This is great!
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2021, 03:37:34 PM »
yes lets get some ideas on the board. I'm keen to get regional groups together hence this forum...

Offline KerryJamesG

• View Profile
This is great!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 11:15:48 AM »
This is great.  A long time since I've been on this kind of forum. Used to be on this kind of thing a lot between 20 and 15 years ago and then I guess FB blew everything else out of the water!

...but anyway think I'll figure how to use this site fairly easy eventually.

Looks like a lot of work Alan, makes me tired thinking about it LOL.

Okay, you asked, Members only?  I think yes eventually.  Maybe have up a notice to (whole of NZ) that we are open right now, but that eventually we will go members only so be great to have you sign up with a membership by then.

Even have that notice on FB, repeatedly for a while.  Say on Sue's page as well as OP page, and am happy to "advertise" this forum on couple my relevant FB pages too.

People may say, well why would we want to join forum when you're on FB, well, for simple reason eventually forum will be in-house for membership only covering important confidential matters!

I sure hope Team Leaders (previous candidates) are strongly individually invited to get on here ASAP. I really want to hear from them, what they are thinking, what they think should be done, how we could help them etc.

Every new member when they pay their sub needs to be given link to this and strongly encouraged to join us in discussion for better future for NZ (than the fascist controlled State we're heading down). 

We must go all-out to engage with "our" membership, ask them to do things for us so that they feel valued and are important to this movement rather than just taking their name money and email address and really having nothing to do with them unless they dialogue with us on FB. This is a great start. 

What I'm referring to re engaging membership is, just for one example, for things like Luke's idea of a traveling road-show concert etc, which he suggested that board members and I think too Team-Leaders organise in each area. It is an excellent idea however personally as a board member it is not what I am up for leading. I would lend a hand, but those sort of things could be local "membership" inspired, organised, and even lead. Getting members involved hooks them to the Outdoors party so that they become "invested" in the party.  (Just a side thought on that particular concept of Luke's I wonder that if that was to fly it would be best planned for the election year (one year run up to the election) when Alan, Sue, Tracy and the rest of the candidates are travelling the nation in full-on campaign mode. Just a thought since we have currently limited resources in people, time, energy and $'s right now, it could be risky to blow our resources 18 months from election year. There is a lot of planning for other things very necessary right now i feel).     

I'll C&P share this to your email thread Alan so the team sees this 2-pence worth and hopefully they get on here ASAP to join the discussion

;-)  ;D

NZ Outdoors Party

This is great!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2021, 11:15:48 AM »